Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME)
Basic American Foods Annual FAME Awards recognize outstanding heroes in K-12 foodservice. What do these heroes look like? School nutrition professionals who raise industry standards by tackling challenges and making a difference within their school districts and communities. Follow the steps below to nominate a K-12 foodservice hero today.
The 33rd awards ceremony will be held during the School Nutrition Industry Conference in January 2022.
We believe there’s nothing better than a really great meal.
And we know what make school meals so great are the people like you who create them – in school kitchens and lunch rooms everywhere. We’re proud to serve the K-12 foodservice segment, where the Basic American Foods FAME Awards honor and recognize food heroes like you.
Step 1: Who is eligible?
- All school nutrition professionals who are members of SNA, in addition to special supporters of school nutrition, are eligible for nomination.
- While director nominees are limited to receiving one Silver Star Award during their careers as directors, they are also eligible to receive the Golden Star Award.
- Career changes may make past FAME Award winners eligible to receive different FAME Awards. Past FAME Award winners are not eligible to receive the same award.
- All winners must be in good standing with the industry.
- Employees of Basic American Foods (BAF) are not eligible.
- The selection committee and BAF reserve the right to disqualify any nominee or winner.
Step 2: Pick a category
There are four award categories, so take a look at the following nomination criteria and questions per category and decide which best fits for your nominee.
- Golden Director of the Year Award
- Leadership Award
- Spirit Award
- Rising Star Award
Step 3: Write an achievement summary
Once you’ve matched your nominee’s accomplishments with the appropriate award, use the questions to create a summary of your nominee’s achievements.
The FAME selection committee will use the achievement summary to determine the winners.
Step 4: Nominate online
- Please be concise in your responses. Limit each response to 4,500 characters (approximately 500 words).
- Additional materials, such as article clippings, samples, videos, etc., will not be accepted.
Congratulations to the 2021 FAME Awards Winners. Watch their stories to get inspired to nominate a K-12 foodservice hero today.
Golden Foodservice Director of the Year Award
Director of Food and Nutrition Services
Alachua County Public Schools, Gainesville, FL
Silver Spirit Award
Coordinator of Nutrition and Wellness
Seminole County Public Schools, Sanford, FL
CONNECT WITH A LOCAL SALES REP
Enter your location and we'll connect you with a local sales associate that can help get you exactly what you need.