2 pchsBAF Plant Protein Crumble - Southwest Seasoned, 96 servings (2 Oz) per case, 4/13.65 oz pch
1 #10 canBeans, pinto, drained and rinsed
2 lbs + 2 lbsCheese, Cheddar, shredded, low sodium
3.25 poundsTomato paste, unsalted
0.5 cupChili powder
0.5 cupGarlic, granulated
0.25 cupCumin, ground
0.25 cupOregano, leaves
1 cupVinegar, apple cider
1.5 gallonsStock, vegetable, low-sodium
60 eachFlour tortillas, whole grain, 8 inches each
4 cupsYogurt, plain, lowfat
0.333 cupLime juice
2.5 cupsCilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1. In a 4-inch half steamtable pan, pour 2 quarts of hot water. Add 2 pouches of Plant Protein Crumbles - Southwest Seasoned. Stir until all ingredients are combined well. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add pinto beans and cheese. Mix well.
- 3. Whisk together tomato paste, chili powder, granulated garlic, cumin, oregano, and apple cider vinegar.
- 4. Gradually whisk in stock.
- 5. Bring to a boil and then turn to low, whisking every 5 minutes, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until thickened and flavors have blended.
- 6. Warm tortillas in the warmer for 25 to 30 minutes before rolling. This will make them more pliable and prevent ripping when rolling.
- 7. Prepare one full-size, steamtable pan for each 15 portions by spraying with pan spray. Sixty portions require four full-size steamtable pans.
- 8. Place 1 ½ quarts of sauce into each pan.
- 9. Fill tortillas using a No. 10 scoop (3 ounces). Roll like a burrito, tucking edges in slightly. This will ensure that the filling stays in the tortilla and that the tortillas fit into the pan. Place enchilada in sauce, lining up the enchiladas in three rows of 5. Top with an additional 2 cups of sauce, making sure to cover ends of tortillas.
- 10. Cover and bake in a 325°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until edges of sauce are bubbling. CCP: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- 11. Remove from the oven and remove the cover. Sprinkle with cheese and place back in the oven for 15 minutes to melt cheese. Alternatively, you can cover and place in the warmer for service, which will also melt cheese. CCP: Hold warm, above 135°F for service.
- 12. In a bowl, whisk together yogurt and lime juice. Keep cold until service. CCP: hold cold for service, below 41°F.
- 13. Just before placing on the service line, garnish with yogurt lime sauce and chopped cilantro.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Can't find what you are looking for? Let us know.