2 pchsBAF Plant Protein Crumble - Southwest Seasoned, 96 servings (2 Oz) per case, 4/13.65 oz pch
6.75 cupsBeans, pinto, drained and rinsed
1.5 lbs + 1.5 lbsCheese, Cheddar, shredded, low sodium
2.75 poundsTomato paste, unsalted
0.5 cupChili powder
0.5 cupGarlic, granulated
0.25 cupCumin, ground
0.25 cupOregano, leaves
1 cupVinegar, apple cider
1 gallon + 1.5 cupsStock, vegetable, low-sodium
48 eachFlour tortillas, whole grain, 8 inches each
3 cupsYogurt, plain, lowfat
0.25 cupLime juice
2 cupsCilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1. In a 4-inch half steamtable pan, pour 2 quarts of hot water. Add 2 pouches of Plant Protein Crumbles - Southwest Seasoned. Stir until all ingredients are combined well. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add pinto beans and cheese. Mix well.
- 3. In a steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot, whisk tomato paste, chili powder, granulated garlic, cumin, oregano, and apple cider vinegar.
- 4. Gradually whisk in stock.
- 5. Bring to a boil and then turn to low, whisking every 5 minutes, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until thickened and flavors have blended.
- 6. Warm tortillas in the warmer for 25 to 30 minutes before rolling. This will make them more pliable and prevent ripping when rolling.
- 7. Prepare two full-size, steamtable pans by spraying with pan spray.
- 8. Place 1 ½ quarts of sauce into each pan.
- 9. Fill tortillas using a No. 8 scoop (½ cup or 3 ¼ ounce). Roll like a burrito, tucking edges in slightly. This will ensure that the filling stays in the tortilla and that the tortillas fit into the pan. Place enchilada in sauce, lining up the enchiladas in two rows of 12. Top with an additional 1 quart of sauce, making sure to cover ends of tortillas. Fill both pans.
- 10. Cover and bake in a 375°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until edges of sauce are bubbling. CCP: Heat to 165°F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- 11. Remove from the oven and remove the cover. Sprinkle with cheese and place back in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes to melt cheese. Alternatively, you can cover and place in the warmer for service, which will also melt cheese. CCP: Hold warm, above 135°F for service.
- 12. In a bowl, whisk together yogurt and lime juice. Keep cold until service. CCP: hold cold for service, below 41°F.
- 13. Just before placing on the service line, garnish with yogurt lime sauce and chopped cilantro.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 420||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||0%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
2 oz. eq. grain, 2.25 oz. eq. m/ma, ½ cup vegetable
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Can't find what you are looking for? Let us know.