BAF Lentil PenneMore Details
5 lbLentil Penne, prepared
5 TbspVegetable oil
2 cupBasil, stems removed
1 cupParsley, stems removed
0.5 cupWalnuts, toasted and chopped
1 cupParmesan cheese, shaved
2 TbspLemon juice, concentrate
0.75 cupExtra virgin olive oil
2 TbspKosher salt
4 cupAvocados, seeded and skin removed
1 TbspGranulated garlic
1 TbspBlack pepper, ground
1 TbspRed wine vinegar
2 cupCherry tomatoes, quartered
3 cupRed pepper, seeded, small diced
3 cupQueso fresco, crumbled
- 1. Prepare penne according to package directions.
- 2. Drain and place in a 4” plastic hotel pan and cover with cold water by several inches.
- 3. Add vegetable oil and 1 ¼ gallon of ice. Stir to combine. Once pasta is cool, drain and reserve for service at 40° F.
- 4. Blanch basil and parsley in boiling water for 15-20 secs. Shock in ice water and squeeze out excess water.
- 5. Combine herb mix, toasted walnuts, parmesan, lemon juice and EVOO in a 3-quart Vitamix or large blender and blend until smooth. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- 6. In the Vitamix or large blender, puree avocados, granulated garlic, salt, black pepper and red wine vinegar until smooth. Fold avocado puree into pesto. Store covered at 40° F.
- 7. Combine chilled prepared pasta to avocado pesto dressing. Fold in cherry tomatoes, diced red peppers and queso fresco. Hold at 40°F for service.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 500||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 66g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||0%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Can't find what you are looking for? Let us know.